- Borrowing Books – Students must have a valid student card to use the book borrowing services and no outstanding fines. Students may take home fiction books. Students are not permitted to take home non-fiction books or magazine; students may read these in the library.
- Borrowing Limits – Students may borrow for take-home up to two books.
- Loan Period – Students may borrow fiction books for a period of 7 days.
- Loan period extension – Students may extend their borrowing period by coming in-person or calling the library.
- Fines – Students are charged .50 cents per day for overdue books up to a maximum of $40.00.
- Instructor Reserved Copies – Instructors may place books on reserve for their respective classes. Students may read these reserved copies in the library for a two-hour period.
- Book Returns – Books must be returned to the Coquitlam College library at the Coquitlam location while a librarian is on-duty.
- Internet – The Coquitlam College library has 4 computers available for student projects and research. Additional computers are available in the computer lab. WIFI is available throughout the college.
- Printing – The student printer currently only has the option of printing in black & white. The student printer is located outside of Computer Room 1.
- Photocopying/Scanning – The photocopy machine is located in the library study area. To use the photocopy machine, students must have funds on their student I.D./print card. It is free to scan documents.
- Student Volunteers – During regular on-site classes, the library accepts up to 8 volunteers each semester as library helpers for shifts after 3pm.