COQUITLAM COLLEGE  Established 1982

High Quality Private Education
High Quality Private Education
 Office:  (604) 939-6633
DLI# O19244321962

Flexible Programs

Flexible Programs

Back to Top

Study & Work Permits

Extend Your Stay

Students require a valid study permit for the duration of their studies at Coquitlam College. A valid study permit allows students to stay in the country while they complete their studies. Students can obtain or renew their study permit from the Government of Canada Citizenship and Immigration.

Students who need to extend their stay in Canada must complete the Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada. Students should apply for renewal at least 30 days before their current permit expires. Students can request a study permit renewal letter from the Coquitlam College Administration Office. Our office hours are Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.

Coquitlam College is a designated learning institution with the Government of Canada Citizenship and Immigration. Our Designated Learning Institution number (DLI#) is O19244321962. Students need to include the Designated Learning Institution number (DLI#) on their application form.

For more information or to renew your study permit, please visit Citizenship & Immigration Canada website.


Counsellors are available every day to help students with course selection, career planning and confidential personal matters.

Coquitlam College international students holding a valid Study Permit to study at the post-secondary level in Canada are allowed to work off-campus on a part-time basis for up to 20 hours per week. There are no restrictions on the type of job students may take.

* Students studying at the Secondary level are not allowed to work*

Coquitlam College students must meet the following criteria: 

  • Enrolled in a full-time class load  
  • Have a satisfactory academic standing
  • Hold a valid Study Permit

For further details on how to apply, please visit the Government of Canada Off-Campus Work Permit.

           Speak to a Counsellor:

Joie Marin  Linda Bao  Joie Marin

To speak directly to an academic counsellor in English or Chinese, call Monday to Friday: 

  • 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Vancouver time) (604) 939-6633
  • 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Vancouver time) (778) 895-5323

To see how Coquitlam College courses transfer to British Columbia's universities, visit the online transfer guide of the British Columbia Council of Admissions and Transfer (BCCAT).