Mission, Goals & Values
For the past 30 years, we have been developing and refining our academic programs and winning a reputation as one of Canada's finest colleges. Rigorous coursework in English language studies, sciences, humanities and social sciences provides a strong foundation for university degree completion. Our graduates are eligible to enter the best universities in North America.
Mission Statement: Coquitlam College is dedicated to providing students of all nations with excellent educational opportunities within an atmosphere of scholarly integrity and cultural sensitivity.
The goals of Coquitlam College are:
- To maintain high academic standards,
- To provide each student with educational programs that are individual and account for a wide range of backgrounds, interests and experiences,
- To provide an environment which reflects the multicultural nature of our society,
- To provide students with the means to achieve their goals and enable them to transfer to institutions which will further advance these goals,
- To encourage students to pursue broad academic goals in order to nurture their creativity and to help them to fully participate in a civil society,
- To provide affordable education in a private college environment,
- To provide a happy and rewarding working environment for staff and faculty,
- To work with the community to develop a close working relationship between academic pursuits and practical applications of the learning taking place at the college.
The core values of Coquitlam College are:
- Students are our primary concern,
- The promotion of teaching excellence,
- Fostering a strong international environment,
- Using sports and activities to foster a strong learning environment,
- Providing a warm, friendly and safe atmosphere for students from many different places
Speak to a Counsellor:
To speak directly to an academic counsellor in English or Chinese, call Monday to Friday:
- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Vancouver time) (604) 939-6633
- 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Vancouver time) (778) 895-5323
To see how Coquitlam College University Courses transfer to British Columbia's universities, visit the online transfer guide of the British Columbia Council of Admissions and Transfer (BCCAT).