7 exciting ways to spend your summer in Vancouver
Summer is a time to relax, spend time outdoors and enjoy the warm weather. With so many fun things to do in the summer, Vancouver is the perfect place to take part in numerous summertime activities with friends and family.
Here are seven activities that you can do during the summer:
- Spend a day at the beach – A day at the beach is a great way to spend time with friends and enjoy the warm weather. You can play volleyball, go for a swim, or watch a sunset at the beach.
- Watch movies outdoors – During the summer, there are several venues that play classic and more recent movies as the sun is setting. This is a great chance to watch movies that you haven’t seen before or enjoy watching your favourite movie with friends.
- Visit the PNE Fair – The annual PNE Fair takes place in August and is a fun place to visit. The Fair has several live concerts, shows and exhibits that everyone can enjoy. One can try out the wild food creations that are offered there. To find out about admission and more, visit the PNE Fair website.
- Swim in an outdoor pool – There are several outdoor pools you can visit in Vancouver. Outdoor pools are perfect for cooling down when it is hot or getting some exercise during the summer.
- Take part in a cultural festival – Being a multicultural city means that summertime has numerous festivals celebrating heritage and different cultures. You can try new foods and activities or learn more about a country at a cultural festival.
- Have a picnic in the park – Warm summer weather is the perfect time for a picnic. You can pack some food to share with friends and family and enjoy eating it outside.
- Go on a hike – There are many trails in Vancouver and each one ranges in difficulty level. Going on a hike provides picturesque views and a chance to de-stress alongside natural surroundings. Visit the Vancouver Trails website to find a trail that best suits your level.