Enjoy the Canadian Family Experience
Coquitlam College lets you experience Canadian customs and culture through our homestay program. We'll place you in a safe and comfortable local home, close to the College where you'll enjoy home-cooked meals and a great family atmosphere.
The homestay experience gives you a unique chance to experience Canadian culture, improve your English through daily conversation and take part in fun family activities.
Our homestay families are carefully screened and each home is inspected to make sure that every student has a rewarding, comfortable and safe environment. Homestay families provide our students with three meals a day and a private bedroom, as well as shared laundry and bathroom facilities. As a more affordable alternative, you may also choose to prepare your own meals.
- Private furnished bedrooms with shared laundry and bath facilities.
- Three meals a day including a school lunch.
- Convenient location close to a bus route.
- Travel time to Coquitlam College maximum 30 minutes.
- Maximum of two students per family.
|Application Fee||$200 CDN|
|Airport Pickup||$80 CDN|
|Accomodation (per month)
includes 3 meals / day
|Accomodation (per month)
meals not included
light cooking facilities provided
|Custodianship Document||$75 CDN|
To apply for the Homestay Program, please fill out the Homestay Application.
Your application can be submitted online, in person, by mail, or fax.
- The application fee is NON REFUNDABLE.
- Students must give NOTICE in order to move out of their homestay.
- VERBAL OR WRITTEN NOTICE must be given to the host family to avoid a penalty in Homestay fees. Students can give notice at any time throughout the month. If two weeks notice is not given, students must pay a penalty equivalent to two weeks notice. For example: Students can give 10 days notice and pay a penalty of 4 days, at the daily rate of $30.00 per day.
- Students who repeatedly ignore homestay rules will be removed from the Homestay Program without a refund. No other homestay will be found for them.
- GUARDIANSHIP can be provided if the student is registered in the Homestay Program. (Homestay fees must be paid in full).
- HOMESTAY RULES FOR STUDENTS WITH GUARDIANSHIP:
- Students are required to stay with the host family, and permission must be granted by the host family for weekend sleepovers at another residence.
- Students must inform the homestay where they are going when they leave the homestay and provide a contact telephone number.
- In case of an emergency, the homestay is to call 911.
- VISITING RELATIVES: The homestay fee is $40 per person per day. Prior arrangements must be made with the Homestay Coordinator and/or the homestay family.
- HOLIDAY RATE:
- The rate for a student who is away is half of the daily fee.
- The host family will hold the room for the student's return.
- In the event that the host family is away, the host family shall give the student a refund to pay another family or arrange for another person to care for them in their home
- Male and female students will not be placed in the same homestay.
- Exceptions to this rule may be granted upon receipt of written permission from a relative or guardian.
- AIRPORT PICK-UP is $80.00.
Comments or Questions?
Please contact our Homestay Coordinator: